Tuesday, November 1, 2011

23 times on a Longboard


#20
OH NO!  Stetson has to go to the doctor. L Puppy has been having seizures more frequently and more violently.  So I drop him off in the morning before work.  And DUH we skate over there!  He was stoked.  He was stoked until we got to the vet’s door.  Then he was all panting and sad.  Then I had to leave him there and he was scared.  Sad day for me and Stetson. Except we got to longboard!

#21
Short room mates boyfriend was stuck because the car next to him parked too close and he couldn’t get into his truck.  The parking at our apartment complex really EFFING SUCKS by the way.  And short room mate was naked under her robe when we found out so I was all “I’LL GO!” and I longboarded myself down there, slipped my skinny self into his door, and then had to skate all over the Fresh and Easy parking lot. (Fresh and Easy, just like me.)  it was fun and then tall room mate and her boyfriend got home and I was all worked up about skateboarding again.  I am absolutely intolerable when I am obsessed with something.  Sorry everyone.

#22
After my jazz class I get home and realize that I DO NOT want to waste this beautiful SoCal afternoon on the couch.  I also realize I want to get better at going down hills.  When I say get better I mean “not be scared shitless”.  There is a neighborhood nearby why imaginative friend grew up and I knew there were some hills there which led to the longboard being loaded up in my tiny car (looks like a roller skate) and heading to said hills. 


  I got a little ballsier!!  It was so much fun!  I went fast and kinda carved and had a close encounter with a truck and an old man stood and stared at me for at LEAST 23 minutes and I enjoyed myself. The only bad part was realizing that the hypothetical hangout out with our new friend V and D from Great Britain was not going to happen. Mwah mwah.

Imaginative Friend's house


#23
I spent the afternoon watching longboarding videos and researching boards.  I want something in the 40 length with medium flex, a great turning radius for carving, and semi sticky wheels cause I want to learn how to skid sideways to slow down.  Yeah.  I would also like the wheels to be pink.  I need a combo of cruiser and tame downhilling.  I should probably get a helmet.  Which all led to me needing to get out and SKATE so I brought the laptop over to this café where the wi-fi doesn’t work. 



The second most interesting man in the world is currently coaching women’s rugby and I think we’re going to hang out although it probably won’t be longboarding.

Thing #1: When we were skating in Hermosa I realized how cool it is that we as a couple can skate together.  It makes us extra awesome.  But it also gives us fun stuff to do together.

Things #2: There is a WHOLE WORLD of skateboarding that I know nothing about.  And I have arrived steadfastly at the conclusion that I am not bad ass. No matter how much I want it. (Damn.)

Thing #3: Now everywhere I go is a potential longboarding playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment